Welcome to Field Education
Train the next generation of social work practitioners.
Field education at CSSW plays an important role in helping students put into practice what is taught in the classroom. The hands-on guidance you provide to students in the community creates a lasting impact on your organization and their education.
If you are currently a field educator or are thinking about partnering with us, the information here will help you to learn more about our program.
- An academic appointment as a Columbia lecturer.
- A 50% tuition discount through our reduced residency program.
- Access to our online library.
- Field instructors/advisors supervising a CSSW student during the current academic year will receive a discount on most CE courses. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Ready to Partner?
- Read our FAQ.
- Contact one of our directors.
- Interview a student.
- Request and sign an affiliate agreement.
- Fill-out the field placement request form.
Questions?Please contact Ericka Echavarria at 212-851-2396 or email@example.com.
The Annual Placement Planning Event is held annually in mid-January. This mandatory event allows generalist year students who are starting their specialized year placement in the fall to learn about Specialization Areas and associated placement experiences, Fields of Practice, and requirements for the field placement process. The planning event is followed by group meetings and/or individual consultations with Associate Directors to further discuss placement options, address questions, and discuss unique circumstances. Students also consult with their advisors and are encouraged to talk to faculty and current specialized year students to explore placements of interest.
If you would like to host a CSSW student, please complete the Placement Request Form and one of the Associate Directors of Field Education will contact you. For other questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.