Registration for spring 2019 courses begins Monday, December 3rd for all (expected) 2019 graduates, Dual Degree, DBT, MFP and Accelerated Policy students. Spring registration for all other continuing students begins Tuesday, December 4th. The add/drop period then continues through Friday, December 7th, with the registration system being accessible 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. each day. A second add/drop period is scheduled for January 14th through February 1, 2019, excluding weekends and holidays.
The Spring 2019 Directory of Classes is accessible here.
As you prepare for registration, please keep in mind:
- This document contains detailed information about Spring 2019 registration policies and procedures, as well as access to study plans.
- The Degree Audit Report (DARS) accessible via SSOL is INACCURATE. There have been a number of recent curricular changes that are not reflected in its evaluation of your coursework. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Office of Student Services conducts audits of all student records and is sure to notify students of any issues prior to graduation.
- Courses taken outside of CSSW to satisfy a minor or to count as an elective credit must be approved by the Office of Student Services via submission of the Cross-Registration Approval Form. Not all graduate-level courses offered at other CU schools will be deemed appropriate for satisfying CSSW minor or elective requirements. NOTE: Students completing the Business Minor should carefully read the Spring 2019 Cross-Registration Guide to note the registration dates for classes at the Business School, as well as to review course offerings in the Nonprofit Management Program at SPS.
- Residential students WILL NOT be permitted to register for online courses during the upcoming registration period, as we must ensure that all Online Campus (OLC) students are accommodated. Any remaining space will be made available during the add/drop period in January. Likewise, OLC students WILL NOT be permitted to register for residential/on-campus courses until the January add/drop period.
- Faculty CANNOT authorize your enrollment into a course that is full. In other words, prior faculty approval does not permit you to be over-enrolled in a course that has reached its maximum enrollment. (Our suggestion is to check the enrollment of the class you want to take on a daily basis. After the initial registration period closes on Friday, December 7th, add/drop will resume for all students beginning January 14th, 2019.)
- Please consult with your advisor about academic plans and degree requirements.
- Carefully review the information and resources below. NOTE: The registration system only will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (closed on weekends and holidays) during the add/drop periods.
REGISTRATION GUIDES AND COURSE INFORMATION
- Student Course Evaluations (Spring 2016-Fall 2017)
- Spring 2019 Directory of Classes
- Spring 2019 Box Schedule
- Spring 2019 Course Syllabi
- Spring 2019 Cross Registration Guide
- Spring 2019 Experimental and Mini Course Descriptions
- Fall 2018 Directory of Courses
- Fall 2018 Box Schedule
- Summer 2018 Directory of Courses
- Summer 2018 Box Schedule
The Course Directory is subject to change until the first day of classes. Please check course listings frequently. To view course listings for previous semesters, please visit the Registration Documents section of the Forms & Documents Library.
- Student Course Evaluations (Spring 2016-Fall 2017
- How-To Guide: SSOL Registration
- Spring 2018 Cross Registration Guide
- Dual Degree Study Plans
- Academic Program Study Plans
- Student Services Online (SSOL) (on CU site)
- Course Descriptions
- LMSW & LCSW Licensing Information in NYS
- Courses Meeting LCSW Requirements
REGISTRATION FORMS & OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- Having Trouble Registering?
- Cross-Registration Course Approval Form
- Cross-Registration Form: Fall/Spring
- Cross-Registration Add/Drop Form for Non-CSSW Students
- Cross-Registration Form for Dual Degree Students in Residence at Partner School
- Exception to Academic Policy Request Form
- Independent Study / Tutorial Forms
- Audit Request Form
- Dual Degree Enrollment Declaration Form
- Minor Declaration Form
- Forms & Documents Library
Still have questions? Email the Office of Student Services
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION AND FAQs ACCORDING TO YOUR YEAR/PROGRAM: