Registration for the spring 2020 semester for incoming students begins on December 9th and continues through December 13th with the registration system being accessible from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. each day.
The next registration period for all students will continue on December 16th and will remain open through January 3rd.
The add/drop period will begin on January 13th, will remain open through the first two week of classes, and close on January 31st.
All students will be able to register on SSOL during their assigned appointment times, using their UNI and password to log into the system. Students are assigned a “Registration Appointment” in order to register for classes each semester via Student Services Online (SSOL).
As you prepare for registration, please keep in mind:
- Ultimately, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you are enrolling in all of the classes needed to fulfill your degree requirements. If you are having trouble navigating the study plans, please reach out to your advisor or make an appointment with the Office of Advising.
- The Degree Audit Report (DARS) accessible via SSOL is INACCURATE. There have been a number of recent curricular changes that are not reflected in its evaluation of your coursework. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Office of Student Services conducts audits of all student records and is sure to notify students of any issues prior to graduation.
- The spring 2020 Directory of Classes (DOC) is in the process of being updated. Please check it regularly for changes on course topics, instructor changes, and room assignments. Student Services will notify class rosters of any critical changes made after January 3rd, 2020.
- Students will be able to use the waitlist feature for the possibility to join courses that are full and may be automatically admitted from the waitlist as space becomes available. Once a student has been admitted to the course, they will be notified that course registration has been successful and will be removed from the waitlist for that course. Students should navigate the waitlist closely to prevent being double enrolled.
- ONLINE sections of courses are designated by the following: the letter ‘D’ in the Section number and the word “online” in the course title and/or NOTES section.
- Residential students WILL NOT be permitted to register for online courses during the upcoming registration period as we must ensure that all Online Campus (OLC) students are accommodated. Any remaining space will be made available during the add/drop period in January. Likewise, OLC students WILL NOT be permitted to register for residential/on-campus courses until the January add/drop period.
- Faculty CANNOT authorize your enrollment into a course that is full under ANY circumstances. In other words, prior faculty approval does not permit you to be over-enrolled in a course that has reached its maximum enrollment.
- Courses taken outside of CSSW to satisfy a minor or to count for elective credit must be first approved by the Office of Student Services via submission of the Cross-Registration Course Approval Form. Not all graduate-level courses offered at other CU schools are deemed appropriate as CSSW electives or minor courses. Information regarding cross-registration for the spring term will be forthcoming.
- Any questions regarding the curriculum of a partner school should be directed to our counterparts in those offices.
- You can view the LMSW & LCSW Information guide for courses approved for clinical licensure.
- You may always consult with your academic advisor or staff in the Office of Advising to carefully review the information and resources below. NOTE: The registration system only will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (closed on weekends) during the add/drop periods.
- The Office of Student Services will be conducting reviews prior to the add/drop period to ensure that students are registered appropriately. Students will be removed from any and all courses for which they are ineligible. This includes being dropped from duplicate classes as a result of the wait list.
Information for summer term registration will be made available in January. Please check this page for updated information then.
REGISTRATION GUIDES AND COURSE INFORMATION
- Academic Program Study Plans
- Spring 2020 Directory of Classes
- Spring 2019 Course Syllabi
- Course Feedback Survey (Spring 2019)
- Experimental and Mini Course Descriptions
The Course Directory is subject to change until the first day of classes. Please check course listings frequently. To view course listings for previous semesters, please visit the Registration Documents section of the Forms & Documents Library.
- How-To Guide: SSOL Registration
- Dual Degree Study Plans
- Student Services Online (SSOL) (on CU site)
- Course Descriptions
- LMSW & LCSW Licensing Information in NYS
- Courses Meeting LCSW Requirements
REGISTRATION FORMS & OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- Having Trouble Registering?
- Cross-Registration Course Approval Form
- Cross-Registration Form: Fall/Spring
- Cross-Registration Add/Drop Form for Non-CSSW Students
- Cross-Registration Form for Dual Degree Students in Residence at Partner School
- Exception to Academic Policy Request Form
- Independent Study / Tutorial Forms
- Audit Request Form
- Dual Degree Enrollment Declaration Form
- Minor Declaration Form
- Forms & Documents Library
Still have questions? Email the Office of Student Services
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION AND FAQs ACCORDING TO YOUR YEAR/PROGRAM: