Registration for all continuing and Advanced Standing students for the fall 2020 semester begins at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, June 29th, and will remain open until Friday, July 3rd.
Registration for all incoming 2-Year, 5-Term International, Extended and Reduced Residency students for the fall 2020 semester begins at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, July 6th, and will remain open until Friday, July 10th.
Open Registration then resumes for all students beginning Monday, July 13th, and will continue through Friday, July 31st.
The add/drop period is Monday, August 31st through Friday, September 18th.
The registration portal will be available daily, Monday through Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The School of Social Work is preparing to conduct all courses remotely, meaning that no classes are currently scheduled to be held in-person. To this end, CSSW will implement two familiar platforms, Zoom and Adobe Connect. If and when public health guidance allows, small in-person seminar-style courses may be offered. These courses would then be designated as “In-person” in the course directory.
Please review the document attached for important information regarding registration and more details for the fall term.
All students are able to register via SSOL during their assigned appointment times, using their UNI and password to log into the system. Students are assigned a “Registration Appointment” in order to register for classes each semester via Student Services Online (SSOL).
As you prepare for registration, please keep in mind:
- Ultimately, it is YOUR responsibility to ensure that you are enrolling in all of the classes needed to fulfill your degree requirements. If you are having trouble navigating the study plans, please reach out to your advisor or make an appointment with the Office of Advising.
- The Degree Audit Report (DARS) accessible via SSOL is INACCURATE. There have been a number of recent curricular changes that are not reflected in its evaluation of your coursework. We apologize for the inconvenience. The Office of Student Services conducts audits of all student records and is sure to notify students of any issues prior to graduation.
- The Fall 2020 Directory of Classes (DOC) is in the process of being updated. Please check it regularly for changes.
- Students will be able to use the waitlist feature for the possibility to join courses that are full and may be automatically admitted from the waitlist as space becomes available. Once a student has been admitted to the course, they will be notified that course registration has been successful and will be removed from the waitlist for that course. Students should navigate the waitlist closely to prevent being double enrolled.
- Please note, course sections designated by the letter ‘D’ in the Section number will be taught via Adobe Connect, while residential courses will be taught via Zoom.
- Faculty CANNOT authorize your enrollment into a course that is full under ANY circumstances. In other words, prior faculty approval does not permit you to be over-enrolled in a course that has reached its maximum enrollment.
- Courses taken outside of CSSW to satisfy a minor or to count for elective credit must be first approved by the Office of Student Services via submission of the Cross-Registration Course Approval Form. Not all graduate-level courses offered at other CU schools are deemed appropriate as CSSW electives or minor courses. Information regarding cross-registration for the spring term will be forthcoming.
- Any questions regarding the curriculum of a partner school should be directed to our counterparts in those offices.
- You can view the LMSW & LCSW Information guide for courses approved for clinical licensure.
- You may always consult with your academic advisor or staff in the Office of Advising to carefully review the information and resources below. NOTE: The registration system only will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (closed on weekends) during the add/drop periods.
- The Office of Student Services will be conducting reviews prior to the add/drop period to ensure that students are registered appropriately. Students will be removed from any and all courses for which they are ineligible. This includes being dropped from duplicate classes as a result of the wait list.
Please check back for updated information.
REGISTRATION GUIDES AND COURSE INFORMATION
- Academic Program Study Plans
- Fall 2020 Directory of Classes
- Fall 2019 Course Syllabi
- Course Feedback Survey (Spring 2019)
- Experimental and Mini Course Descriptions
The Course Directory is subject to change until the first day of classes. Please check course listings frequently. To view course listings for previous semesters, please visit the Registration Documents section of the Forms & Documents Library.
- How-To Guide: SSOL Registration
- Dual Degree Study Plans
- Student Services Online (SSOL) (on CU site)
- Course Descriptions
- LMSW & LCSW Licensing Information in NYS
- Courses Meeting LCSW Requirements
REGISTRATION FORMS & OTHER HELPFUL LINKS
- Having Trouble Registering?
- Cross-Registration Course Approval Form
- Cross-Registration Form: Fall/Spring
- Cross-Registration Add/Drop Form for Non-CSSW Students
- Cross-Registration Form for Dual Degree Students in Residence at Partner School
- Exception to Academic Policy Request Form
- Independent Study / Tutorial Forms
- Audit Request Form
- Dual Degree Enrollment Declaration Form
- Minor Declaration Form
- Forms & Documents Library
Still have questions? Email the Office of Student Services
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION AND FAQs ACCORDING TO YOUR YEAR/PROGRAM: