Military and Volunteer Service Benefits

If you served in the military or completed a term of service with AmeriCorps or the Peace Corps, you may qualify for benefits to assist you with funding your education.

  • Are you a veteran? Complete the checklist found on the Columbia University Veterans Affairs site to determine eligibility for educational benefits.
  • Did you serve in AmeriCorps? Contact AmeriCorps directly to see if you qualify for the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award.
  • Are you a returned Peace Corps Volunteer? Be sure to indicate your RPCV status within your MSW application to be considered for the Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program. For more information on the benefits of the Coverdell Fellows Program, visit the Coverdell website.”