Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the Columbia School of Social Work is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and policies in classrooms, social spaces, offices, and all interactions between CSSW students, faculty, and staff. The Office was created as a result of a student-led initiative to demonstrate a commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion.
The DEI Office oversees and develops programming and services that link issues of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, intersectionality, and social justice for students, faculty, and staff, including:
- facilitating affinity group-based supportive spaces, workshops and trainings for students, faculty and staff
- organizing school-wide heritage celebrations.
- collaborating with student caucuses; and
- providing mediation services.
If you have a DEI-related concern, feedback or event idea, please share here.
DEI Advisory CommitteeThis committee is charged with improving the systematic attention given to concerns related to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
See the Committee
PDSAThe Professional Development and Self Awareness program (PDSA) promotes an inclusive environment that fosters the development of self-awareness and accountability.
ResourcesExplore DEI-related resources and announcements.
Assistant Dean, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Visit Our Space in Room 533
The home for the School of Social Work’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is the first space you see when exiting the elevator on the 5th floor of the Social Work Building. It contains
- A student lounge area, the primary space for programming and community building for CSSW’s students of color and LGBTQIA+ students
- Offices for the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the DEI Program Coordinator
To reserve the lounge, student groups should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When not reserved, the space is available as a general lounge area, open 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday–Thursday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday.
Questions/concerns? Contact us: email@example.com