Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Office of Diversity, Equity and InclusionThe Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the Columbia School of Social Work is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and policies in classrooms, social spaces, offices, and all interactions between CSSW students, faculty, and staff. The Office was created as a result of a student-led initiative to demonstrate a commitment to social justice, equity, and inclusion. The DEI Office oversees and develops programming and services that link issues of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, intersectionality, and social justice for students, faculty, and staff, including:
- facilitating affinity group-based supportive spaces, workshops and trainings for students, faculty and staff
- organizing school-wide heritage celebrations.
- collaborating with student caucuses; and
- providing mediation services.
News & EventsCheck out what the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has been up to lately. You can read some news about our initiatives and you can also check out events we are hosting or co-hosting in the future. News Events
Heritage CalendarA comprehensive calendar of heritage events celebrated at CSSW. Coming Soon
DEI Media ArchivesAn archive of fully captioned video recordings of previous events – lectures, workshops, conversations, celebrations – hosted by DEI and PDSA. See archives
|Karma Lowe Assistant Dean, Diversity, Equity and Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org||212-851-2364||Room 531|
Visit Our Space in Room 533The home for the School of Social Work’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is the first space you see when exiting the elevator on the 5th floor of the Social Work Building. It contains
- A student lounge area, the primary space for programming and community building for CSSW’s students of color and LGBTQIA+ students
- Offices for the Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the DEI Program Coordinator