Students may schedule appointments as many as 14 days in advance, and up to the session start time using our online scheduler. As the Writing Center is a busy service, we suggest you schedule appointments as far in advance as possible to secure your desired day/time; that said, please schedule responsibly, and if you need to cancel, do so as soon as possible to free up that appointment time for other students.
In addition, to help ensure the greatest opportunity for all students to utilize our services, please keep in mind the following Writing Center policies:
- Students may choose 25-minute (half) or 50-minute (full) appointments, whether scheduling in advance or dropping in.
- Each week (Monday to Sunday) students are allowed 50 minutes of scheduled appointments, and an additional 50 minutes of drop-in sessions.
- Each day, students are allowed up to 50 minutes of appointments, whether scheduled, drop-in, or a combination of the two.
- You are allowed one missed appointment per semester.
- The system automatically blocks a student’s ability to cancel or manage an appointment within three hours of the scheduled start time.
NOTE: If this is your first time making an appointment, be sure to read the Writing Center sign-up policies handout (PDF: 2 pages), which details sign-up policies and instructions on how to schedule or drop in for appointments.