How do I schedule an appointment for an online session, and how do I join the session?
Basic instructions for making appointments for online sessions / joining the session:
- Sign into our online scheduler and click on an available appointment slot, marked in white, for ANY staff resource.
- In the appointment form pop-up, choose “Yes. Schedule Online appointment.” under meeting “Meet Online?”
- A few minutes before your session start time, sign back into the online scheduler, click on your appointment and, in the appointment form pop-up, click Start or Join Online Consultation.
- When prompted, click to ALLOW ACCESS to your video and audio. NOTE: Using Firefox (or Google Chrome) is required for the video chat function.
- Finally, if you have a Word document you are working on, upload it by clicking the arrows icon on the top right side of the screen. Alternatively, copy and paste your text into the whiteboard of your online meeting.
For more detailed instructions with visuals as well as tips for best use, please see our handout How to Make an Online Appointment at the CSSW Writing Center (PDF: 9 pages).
If you are having difficulty accessing your online meeting, email your staff resource at the Lionmail address listed at the top of your appointment form in the online scheduler (click your appointment to access).