How can I maximize my Internet connection?
To maximize your Internet connection:
- Connect to the router via ethernet cable. This may require a 25ft cable to reach your study place. Ethernet is not as convenient as wireless, but provides a more stable connection that is less susceptible to interference.
- If ethernet is not viable, move as close to WiFi router as possible.
- Minimize the number of other devices on Wifi by turning them off or turning off Wifi on those devices.
- Close tabs and programs that may be using the network connection on the computer.
- Restart the computer one hour before class.
- Call ISP to update modem/router software if it hasn’t been updated in a year.