Classroom & Field
Our social work program application deadlines are below:
- Fall 2018 Priority: December 1, 2017 at 11:59pm
- Fall 2018 Final: February 15, 2018 at 11:59pm
- Fall 2018: December 15, 2017 at 11:59pm
The online application is open now.
Program Eligibility Requirements
At a minimum, candidates for the Master of Social Work program must meet the following criteria:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university, which includes 60 semester hours or credits in the liberal arts.
- Academic record suggesting the ability to do graduate-level work.
- Serious commitment to the profession of social work and the capacity to meet the demands of professional training, often demonstrated by internships and life experiences.
- A combined TOEFL score of 98; IELTS Band 7.0.
Note: Our MSW program does not require GRE scores.
How to Apply
Applications to the degree programs offered at the School of Social Work must be made via our online application system.
For the Master of Social Work degree, in addition to completing the application form itself, you will be prompted to upload:
- Resume/CV (three pages maximum).
- 3 letters of reference.
- Academic transcripts from schools where you have earned 12 or more credits.
Your application is considered complete once you’ve paid the (nonrefundable) application fee of US$75 and clicked the “Submit” button.
The majority of our students finance their MSWs through scholarships and financial aid packages. In 2016-2017, 86 percent of our students received need-based scholarships.
Still have questions about our school and the application process? We recommend that you:
- Attend an information session offered by our admissions team. These sessions are held regularly. The team also visits key cities around the country to hold sessions: check here for the latest information session schedule.
- Take a tour of the Columbia campus and our Social Work Building. During your visit, you can attend a class and/or meet with a student ambassador, a faculty member and/or a member of the admissions team.
- Attend events held at the School, either in person or via livestream/Facebook LIVE. Fill in our Request for Information and you will be automatically added to our events mailing list. For an idea of our recent events, go to our Livestream page.