Trial Based Cognitive Therapy: Examining and Changing Core Beliefs
6.5 contact hours are available for NYS Licensed Social Workers
$250 single; $200 each for groups and alumni
In this experiential workshop, licensed social workers with 1-2 years of CT clinical experience or clinicians new to the tools and techniques of CT will learn how to recognize the qualities of an expert cognitive therapist and learn about several tools therapists use to both identify and help change a client’s negative core beliefs.
Specifically, participants will
- Learn the theory undergirding the design of the Cognitive Conceptualization Diagram (CCD) and the Trial Based Thought Record (TBTR or Trial I)
- View demonstrations of how the CCD and TBTR are used in a therapeutic/clinical setting
- Practice using the CCD and TBTR in roleplay scenarios with other participants
- Recognize and evaluate therapist competencies using the Cognitive Therapy Rating Scale (CTRS) an empirically-validated instrument used in research and clinical practice
- Identify strategies that help clients strengthen new positive core beliefs.