Practice-Focused Training in Complicated Grief Therapy
- Center for Complicated Grief
ONLINE ONLY | REGISTRATION REQUIRED | 13 CE HOURS AVAILABLE FOR A FEE
Faculty of the Center for Complicated Grief
The Center for Complicated Grief’s workshops focus on the knowledge and skills needed to work with complicated grief/prolonged grief disorder (PGD) using a time-limited, targeted psychotherapy that has been tested and proven efficacious in three large NIMH-funded randomized controlled trials.
This two-day workshop covers the principles and practice of a 16-session treatment complicated grief therapy/prolonged grief disorder therapy (PGDT). Practitioners will learn how to
- implement PGDT using active empathic listening, brief personalized interventions, companionship alliance, and a series of targeted procedures
- use a grief monitoring diary to help clients understand and accept grief and optimize their ability to manage emotional pain
- help clients think about the future and strengthen relationships with loved ones and others in their community
- help clients tell the story of the death, live with reminders, and connect with memories of the deceased.
The workshop will run from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. on both Friday and Saturday. Video examples will be used to demonstrate core treatment procedures. Please note that PGD assessment and differential diagnosis will not be covered in this workshop.
Continuing Education Information
Please check the registration page for information on CE hours and workshop fees.