New Frontiers in Poverty Research, 5th Annual Conference
- Center on Poverty and Social Policy
Center on Poverty and Social Policy
Just Societies Initiative
Columbia Population Research Center
Urban and Social Policy Concentration, SIPA
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | REGISTRATION REQUIRED | LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE
Livestream Schedule: Keynote: 12:45 p.m. – 1:40 p.m. | Session One: 1:40 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Session Two: 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. | Closing Panel: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: The registration link on this page is for LIVESTREAM ONLY. To register for in-person attendance, click here. (NOTE: In-person attendance is currently full to capacity; waitlist only.)
About the Conference
The annual New Frontiers in Poverty Research Conference features the latest research on poverty and social policy in New York City and nationwide. Click here for conference agenda.
Highlights of the 2019 event include:
- Opening keynote address by Wes Moore, CEO of Robin Hood, on creating sustainable mobility from poverty.
- Session on Robin Hood Poverty Tracker findings on poverty in New York City, chaired by Sarah Oltmans of Robin Hood, with Christopher Wimer, Lily Bushman-Copp, Chloé Cargill & Sophie Collyer—all of Columbia University.
- Session on new ideas to combat poverty in the U.S., chaired by Mark Harris of The JPB Foundation, with Robert Paul Hartley, Naomi Zewde & Jane Waldfogel—all of Columbia University.
- Closing panel moderated by Jason DeParle of the New York Times, with Dolores Acevedo-Garcia (Brandeis University), Christine James-Brown (Child Welfare League of America), Irwin Garfinkel (Columbia University) & Ron Haskins (Brookings Institution).
- For questions on the conference itself, please contact CPSP@columbia.edu.
- For questions on Livestream, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.