New Frontiers in Poverty Research: 3rd Annual Conference
May 18, 2017 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Center on Poverty and Social Policy
Sponsored by the Center on Poverty & Social Policy and the Columbia Population Research Center (CPRC)
DATE: Thursday, May 18, 2017
TIME: 12:00 noon – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Social Work Building, Columbia University
Attending in person? Sign up HERE.
Attending via Livestream? Sign up HERE.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Center on Poverty & Social Policy (CPSP) at the Columbia School of Social Work invites participation in its third annual conference on the theme of new frontiers in poverty research. The 2017 conference features two keynote addresses and two panel sessions. For more information, go to conference agenda.
- David Ellwood of the Harvard Kennedy School: “The Future of Poverty and Mobility Policy in the Trump Era” (12:30–1:30 p.m.)
- Sherry Glied of NYU’s Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service: “Antipoverty Policy, Mobility, and Health” (4:15–5:00 p.m.)
- Session One: “Harnessing the Robin Hood Poverty Tracker to Understand New Dimensions of Poverty in New York City” (1:30–2:45 p.m.)
- Session Two: “Simulating Changes in the Safety Net” (3:00–4:15 p.m.)
Please contact us at CPSP@columbia.edu.