LAUNCH EVENT: Youth Correctional Leaders for Justice (YCLJ)
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC | REGISTRATION REQUIRED | LIVESTREAM ONLY
Keynote: 9:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. | Panel: 9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. | Press conference: 10:30 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
Justice Lab at Columbia University
About the Event
The Justice Lab at Columbia University is launching Youth Correctional Leaders for Justice (YCLJ), an initiative that aims to unite current and former youth correctional administrators into a national movement calling for the end of punitive youth prison models and further progress towards systems of youth justice centered on youth and families. The launch event consists of a keynote presentation, panel discussion, and Q&A/press conference. YCLJ invites you to join and welcomes your feedback on how they can collectively build a more community-centered approach to youth justice. Please view their Statement on Ending Youth Prisons.
9:15 a.m. – Keynote Address by Jarrell Daniels (bio)
9:30 a.m. – Panel Discussion with:
- Cindy Rodriguez (bio), WNYC (moderator)
- Hon. Steven Teske (bio), Chief Judge, Juvenile Court of Clayton County (Georgia)
- Rev. Rubén Austria (bio), Founding Executive Director, Community Connections for Youth
- Krystal Seruya (bio), Youth Leader, Youth First & New Jersey Institute for Social Justice‘s 150 Years Is Enough Campaign
10:30 a.m. – Q&A/Press Conference moderated by Marlon Peterson (bio)
About five minutes before the event, go to this link:
All registrants will receive a reminder of this link around 30 minutes before the program starts.
- Do not open the link in more than one window or you will hear an echo.
- Make sure your speaker volume is turned up.
- Type your questions for the speakers into the chat.
- Ethernet is more reliable than wifi.
Questions on Livestream? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you require disability accommodations to attend an event at Columbia University, please contact Disability Services at 212-854-2388 or email@example.com at least 5 days in advance of the event.
Banner image: Courtesy of Performing Statistics, a project by Art180 and Legal Aid Justice Center in Virginia.