JUSTICE LAB PANEL 2: “Leading Transformation—Where We Go From Here”
Join Us for a Panel Discussion at the Inaugural Executives Transforming Probation and Parole (EXiT) Conference
Hosted by the Columbia Justice Lab, this daylong conference is organized in conjunction with Executives Transforming Probation and Parole (EXiT), a network of over 70 current and former heads of probation and parole agencies. They have issued a public statement calling for supervision to be smaller, less punitive, and more hopeful, equitable, and restorative.
NOTE: The “register” link on this page is for LIVESTREAM REGISTRATION ONLY. To register for the conference itself, please go to THIS PAGE.
PANEL 2: “Leading Transformation—Where We Go From Here”
- Barbara Broderick (bio), former chief probation officer of Maricopa County, Arizona
- Reagan Daly (bio), Research Director, CUNY Institute for State and Local Governance
- Abdul Malik, Neighborhood Opportunity Network (NeON)
- Leo Alirez (invited) (bio), Life-Line Colorado
- Miriam Krinsky (invited) (bio), Executive Director, Fair and Just Prosecution
About the Panel
At this panel taking place in the afternoon of EXiT’s inaugural conference, discussion will center on examples of where innovative reforms have already happened or are in progress, and of community-led initiatives that develop community cohesion and provide assistance and stability for justice-involved people. It would also discuss opportunities for further transformational change that will take the movement to a more hopeful future.
(NOTE: We are also livestreaming PANEL 1: information HERE.)