INFO SESSION: Is DBT Training for You?
LOCATION: Social Work Building, Room 802
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Training Program at the Columbia University School of Social Work, now in its 12th year, was developed in collaboration with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, the treatment developer at the Behavioral Research & Therapy Clinics at the University of Washington.
This program is the first and only DBT training program in a School of Social Work.
The program is 12 months long, from May of the student’s first year, through graduation a year later. It comprises summer study and a year-long, rigorous academic curriculum, paired with field-based DBT internship experiences that take place under experienced, intensively trained, and certification-eligible supervisors. NOTE: Attendance at an information session is required prior to application.
Application deadline: February 7, 2017. NOTE: Applications for May 2017 are accepted on a rolling basis.
Program Director: André Ivanoff, Ph.D.
Previous DBT Internship Sites:
- Long Island Jewish/Zucker Hillside Hospital
- NYU Child Study Center
- Creedmoor Hospital
- NYU Student Wellness Center
- Silver Hill Hospital
- New York City Children’s Center
- Four Winds Hospital
- NYC Department of Health – Rikers Island
- Check out our blog: http://blogs.cuit.columbia.edu/dbt/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ColumbiaDBT
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org