Family Caregiving Policies, Programs, and Services
Join special trainings offered by CSSW faculty as part of their COVID-19 ACTION initiative; open to the School of Social Work’s community.
CEs available. See registration page for more information
About the Approach
The Social Policies and Services training series focuses on social policies and services related to COVID-19, including strategies for supporting efforts at the local, state, and federal levels.
About the Session
- Describe the contours of COVID19 in relation to the older adult population
- Analyze elder caregiving by families and its challenges in the COVID environment
- Identify federal policies and programs that may be of assistance to elder caregivers in light of COVID
- Identify available services and family caregiver support best practices, with particular attention to mental health needs and services
- Describe one subpopulation of family caregivers in NYC extant policies and programs and the research that has shaped their implementation.