Minor/Dual Degree Programs

What minors do you offer, and how do I sign up?

The School offers three minors that allow you to supplement your studies:

  1. Criminal Justice
  2. Emerging Technology, Media, and Society
  3. International Social Welfare

Declaration of minors can be done during your first year. For more information about our minors, Student Handbook.

I am interested in finding out more about dual-degree programs.

Typically, a dual-degree program reduces the requirements for doing two full-time programs by approximately one academic year because fewer credits are needed for each of the two degrees. If you are interested in pursuing a dual degree with another Columbia graduate school, you must apply separately to the school in question during your first year at CSSW. You will also need to discuss your academic plan for completing requirements at both schools with the Manager of Enrollment and Student Services, Cheiku Camara (cbc2117@columbia.edu). To update your student record once you have been accepted into the other school, please notify our Office of Student Services at swstudentservices@columbia.edu.

Click here for more information about the dual-degree program or consult the Dual Degree Guide.

Which CSSW office should I contact if I have questions about minors or dual degrees?

If you have further questions about minors and dual degrees, please contact the Office of Student Services and Enrollment at:
E-mail: swstudentservices@columbia.edu
Telephone: 212-851-2436; 212-851-2367

  • By appointment: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. (After 5:00 p.m., appointments available by request.) Go to online appointment system.
  • Walk-in: Wednesdays, 10 a.m – 6 p.m.