I want to complete the required LCSW licensing coursework, even though I’m not a Clinical Method student. Is that possible?

If you are interested in completing the clinical licensing coursework requirements for New York State prior to graduating, it is possible to do so, even if you have not chosen to specialize in Advanced Clinical Social Work Practice. This is particularly easy for an Integrated Practice and Programming (AGPP) student, who can simply ensure that all nine credits of electives are approved clinical electives. Social Enterprise Administration (SEA) and Policy students, on the other hand, will need to take more than the 60 credits required to complete their degree requirements. NOTE: For clinical licensing requirements for states other than New York, go to the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)’s List of Member Statutes and Regulations.