Suggested COVID-19 Resources
This page provides an annotated list of resources on COVID-19 that the Columbia School of Social Work has collected for its community. We will add more resources to the list as they emerge. To see the latest messages sent to our community, please go to the CSSW Updates on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) page.
- Columbia Health’s CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE: Call 212-854-9355 weekdays 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- NEW: Health Data Resources, a collection of widely available datasets by Columbia Libraries
- Social Distancing, Isolation, and Quarantine Practices: Columbia Health’s 3/11/20 Update to Students
- Do I Need to Self-Isolate for COVID 19? Columbia Health one pager, adapted from Harvard University Health Services (PDF: 1 page)
- How to Self-Isolate: A Guide for Students, Columbia Health two-pager, adapted with permission from Cornell Health, including a Daily Health Log (PDF 2 pages)
- How to Self-Isolate: A Guide for Employees, Columbia Health two-pager adapted with permission from Cornell Health, including a Daily Health Log (PDF 2 pages)
- Columbia Health’s COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus): Frequently Asked Questions, updated 3/17/20
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Columbia Community, a dedicated Columbia-wide resource page
Columbia School of Social Work
- NEW: Resources for Social Work Faculty on Teaching about COVID-19, crowdsourced by the Office of the Associate Dean for Curriculum Innovation and Academic Affairs. Please feel free to add to, and share, this google doc.
- NEW: Community Resources and Links about COVID-19, including advocacy/organizing efforts, crowdsourced by the Office of the Associate Dean for Curriculum Innovation and Academic Affairs. Please feel free to add to, and share, this Google doc.
- Addressing the Psychological Fallout of the Coronavirus Pandemic, by Michael Friedman, LCSW (3/18/20 news article)
- The Case for Cash Allowances for Children during Economic Crises, by Zach Parolin and David Harris (Poverty and Social Policy Brief 4.5: March 15, 2020), Center for Poverty and Social Policy (PDF: 5 pages)
- CSSW Updates on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), our School’s own landing page with the latest updates sent to our community.
Columbia-Sponsored Events about the Coronavirus
- Epidemiology, Virology and Control of COVID-19, ICAP Center’s 3/10/20 Session at the Annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, featuring Wafaa El-Sadr, Mailman School of Public Health (published 3/10/20 on YouTube)
- COVID-19: Public Reaction and Stigmatization, 3/10/20 episode of Social Impact LIVE, featuring CSSW Assistant Professor Alissa Davis (published 3/12/20 on YouTube)
- The Global Coronavirus Outbreak: Update and Implications, 2/14/20 ICAP Center webinar, Mailman School of Public Health
Other Expert Resources
- The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence, Rapid Review series in The Lancet, published online 2/26/20 and recommended by Professor Ellen Lukens (PDF: 9 pages).
- NYC Department of Health Coronavirus information page
- Share Facts about COVID-19: one-pager issued by the Centers for Disease Control
- Steps to Prevent Illness, Centers for Disease Control
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public, World Health Organization