If you are currently employed at a human services organization, you may be eligible for our Reduced Residency Program, which allows you to complete the MSW degree requirements on a part-time to full-time study basis, in three or four years. Typically, Reduced Residency students remain employed by their social service organizations during the first two years of their MSW degrees. In Year 3, some of them are able to remain at their agency to work while also completing their field requirements in another department, whereas others will leave the agency. NOTE: The School offers a Reduced Residency 50% Tuition Scholarship to candidates who are employed by an agency that has hosted a Columbia student for a field placement within the past three years.
For more information and FAQs on the Reduced Residency Program, click here.
- A B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university, which includes 60 semester hours or credits in the liberal arts, of which at least nine are in the social or biological sciences.
- An academic record suggesting the ability to do graduate work at least at a B level.
- A serious commitment to the profession of social work and the capacity to meet the demands of professional training, often demonstrated by internships and life experiences.
1) Complete application form: 100% can be completed online.
2) Pay application fee: US$75.
3) Submit a standard resume/CV.
4) Compose three essays: Applicants are required to submit three essays in response to program specific questions.
4) Acquire three letters of reference.
5) Request and submit academic transcript(s).