In addition to coursework and internship requirements, each participating institution requires that you maintain residency at the institution for a particular period; CSSW requires a residency minimum of three full-time terms (not including Summer, unless in the 16-Month Program). Dual degree requirements vary by program. Specific program plans that outline Social Work requirements are Dual Degree Study Plans. The typical dual degree program is a total of 90 points: a minimum of 45-48 points with the School of Social Work (27-30 points in course work and 18 points in field education) and 42-45 (or more) with the dual degree school. There is variation across the programs.
Additional information about the respective dual degree programs can be found on pages 37-40 in the 2015-16 Student Handbook.
To complete the Social Work component of the curriculum, dual degree students should do the following:
- Officially register through CSSW for a minimum of three full-time terms, not including the Summer session (unless in the 16-Month Program);
- Complete all background and foundation practice courses;
- Complete all practice courses in the chosen method area;
- Complete the program’s field education requirements;
- Notify the respective schools’ coordinators, advisors and financial aid office of the coming year’s course plan each year;
- File the appropriate registration and financial aid documents with the respective participating schools each term or year, as required.