Columbia School of Social Work has been pioneering social work practices and educating social workers for over a century. The School joins rigorous, evidence-based academic theory with real-world practice. Our community is committed to continuing education that aims to:
- develop leaders in social work practice and research;
- advance the social work profession, professional values, knowledge, and skills;
- enhance well-being and the promotion of human rights and social justice at the local, national, and global level through the creation of responsive social programs and policies.
We believe that the best continuing education stretches your thinking and strengthens your practice. Our workshops are social by design, aimed at helping you grow your professional network while learning about contemporary issues in the profession.
The following workshops are open to all licensed social work professionals (click on the title for more information):
September 18, 2015
6 contact hours are available for NYS Licensed Social Workers.
$275 single; $225 for 5 or more
In this 1-day workshop, you are introduced to the syndrome of complicated grief (CG) and complicated grief treatment (CGT), the proven efficacious, 16-session psychotherapy designed to help identify and resolve grief complications and facilitate natural adaptation to a loss.
In this workshop you will learn:
- a framework for understanding bereavement and grief from an attachment system perspective
- how to recognize and assess the symptoms of complicated grief
- an overview of the core principles, strategies and procedures used in CGT.
Learn more and register here.
Courses For Alumni
If you already have an MSW or PhD from Columbia School of Social Work, you are also eligible to enroll in regular courses. You can apply these courses towards New York State LCSW licensure requirements or earn 22.5-45 continuing education contact hours towards your existing license.
Click here for Approved LCSW offerings.
Click here to register for fall classes.
Join our Mailing List
We intend to offer additional workshops in Fall 2015. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for bi-monthly updates on workshops.